Les Dragons d'Asgard

AccueilAccueil  AgendaAgenda  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Capacitaire cheers Pour avoir accès à l'intégralité des rubriques du forum, présentez-vous ! cheers

Capacitaire Capacitaire Capacitaire cheers Bon anniversaire les Dragons de Mars cheers Capacitaire Capacitaire Capacitaire
cheers Pensez à vous inscrire sur la carte des Dragons ! cheers
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Lilith
Expert Brillant et Grandement Apprécié
Lilith

Féminin Age : 40

Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Empty
MessageSujet: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeSam 24 Juin 2006, 21:18

Hello,
I would like to know the effects of a heterodon nasicus bite on a healthy adults,according to many articles i have read there is no or little danger but i am looking for precise facts.
I would also like to know effects on children,i have a 3 year old girl and is there a serious health risk in case of a bite of one of my snakes?Are there cases reported in USA or other countries as I have not found informations about it?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ingvar Sigúrðssón
Membre draconique Confirmé
Ingvar Sigúrðssón

Masculin Age : 42
Emploi : Biology student
Loisirs/Humeur : Herping,fishing,scuba diving,handball

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeVen 06 Oct 2006, 08:38

As a Hognose owner,as far as I know,absolutely no deadly case was reported,be it for adults or children.The saliva toxins are really mild and will only be efficient after several minutes of biting,causing itching and a slight swelling of the skin.I think it is not more dangerous than being stung by a wasp,of course some few people can be allergic but there should be no problem at all.Moreover,Hognoses hiss and freak out but they calm down with time and I have never seen mine nor heard of one really biting.
Lilith
Lilith

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeVen 06 Oct 2006, 10:18

Ok thank you Very Happy
Ingvar Sigúrðssón
Ingvar Sigúrðssón

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeVen 06 Oct 2006, 10:26

No worries,you are welcome.
Pendlehog
Débutant(e) plein(e) de Promesses

Féminin Age : 36
Emploi : Student

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeVen 20 Oct 2006, 23:29

As another hognose owner I would agree 100%. In adults hognose bites are inconsequential and the same can be said even in young children. You are statistically less likely to get a serious reaction from a hognose bite than a bee or wasp sting and western hogs are also very unlikely to bite. They will normally hiss and strike with their mouths closed in an attempt to scare you off long before they bite.

I will try to add some proper accounts and study material over the weekend for people to read through.
Ingvar Sigúrðssón
Ingvar Sigúrðssón

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct 2006, 21:38

Do you have other similar data for Ahaetulla and Leioheterodon's saliva toxicity,Pendlehog?I shall be very grateful.
Lilith
Lilith

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeMer 01 Nov 2006, 19:35

thank you for the link!
cabri
La Petite Satyre de la Forêt aux Dragons
cabri

Féminin Age : 43

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeJeu 02 Nov 2006, 11:08

many thanks for the information!
Ingvar Sigúrðssón
Ingvar Sigúrðssón

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitimeSam 06 Jan 2007, 08:33

I have read of assholes in the US looking forward to make albino Womas because they already are worth thousands of US$ as normals and they were just saying it will be very interesting for them to create albinos lineages.I felt like slapping their stupid faces.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults   Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults Icon_minitime

Toxicity of Heterodon nasicus for children and adults
Page 1 sur 1